For Terms & Conditions of Booking please click more
1. Paula & Mike Fairbairn (the Proprietors) shall be entitled to treat any booking made direct with them as having been made once a Booking Form has been completed, the required deposit has been received and the Proprietors have confirmed the booking in writing.
2. For any bookings made through holiday letting agencies such as Airbnb, HomeAway or Holiday Lettings, or any other means of booking which is not direct with the Proprietors, the Proprietors shall be entitled to treat the booking as having been made once such booking has been confirmed through the said agency. Such bookings shall also be subject to the terms and conditions of the said agency.
3. For bookings made direct with the Proprietors, the balance of the full rental fee shall be payable to the Proprietors at least six weeks prior to arrival at the Cottage or at the time of booking if later. The balance shall normally be payable by bank transfer direct to the Proprietors’ bank account, namely Bowland Cottage, but may be payable, if agreed by the Proprietors, by debit or credit card (except American Express), cheque or in Cash.
4. The Proprietors guarantee the price quoted at the time the booking is confirmed for bookings made direct with them.
5. If you need to cancel your booking, please contact the Proprietors as soon as possible using the contact details set out below (section 18). For bookings made direct with the Proprietors, the deposit paid is non-refundable. If cancellation takes place after the balance of the rental fee has fallen due, part or all of that balance may be refunded to you, at the sole discretion of the Proprietors, if, following cancellation, the Proprietors are able to re-book at least one night of the period you had booked.
6. The Proprietors reserve the right, in exceptional circumstances, to cancel or amend the booking in which event the full deposit will be refunded.
7. Check in time is from 3pm on the day of arrival and check out time is up to 11am on the day of departure.
8. Smoking is not permitted inside the Cottage nor outside to the rear of the Cottage.
9. In the event that the above smoking policy is not adhered to, the Proprietors will require guests to compensate them for any damage or cleaning costs incurred as a result of such smoking during their stay in the Cottage.
10. Pets, other than guide or assistance dogs, are not permitted. If you require a guide or assistance dog please contact the Proprietors prior to booking using the contact details set out below to discuss your requirements (section 18).
11. In the event that guests bring pets to the Cottage, other than guide or assistance dogs agreed prior to booking, the Proprietors will require the guests to compensate them for any damage or cleaning costs incurred as a result of such pets at the Cottage.
12. Guests must report as soon as possible any damage or breakages at the property to the Proprietors and will be liable to pay compensation for any such incidents to the Proprietors.
13. The Proprietors shall not be liable to the guests for any loss or damage to their possessions or belongings. Furthermore, the Proprietors shall not be liable or responsible for any act of negligence or damage or personal injury caused to the guests, however so caused.
14. Prospective guests are recommended to hold travel insurance to cover the cost of the let in the event that they need to cancel or leave early, as well as for loss or damage to their personal belongings.
15. The Proprietors (or their Agent) shall be entitled to enter the Cottage at any reasonable time in the case of emergency for the purpose of maintenance and/or repair to the Cottage.
16. In the event of any guest behaving in an unreasonable manner (as determined by the Proprietors), or failing to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions of Booking, the Proprietors reserve the right to cancel the guests’ right to occupy the Cottage.
17. Under the Housing Act 1988 the Cottage is let to the party leader on behalf of all guests under a ‘licence to occupy’ for the purposes of a holiday only, and not under an Assured Shorthold Tenancy.
18. The trading name is Bowland Cottage and the trading address is Bowland House, Newton- in-Bowland, Lancashire, England, BB7 3DY. The Proprietors’ contact details are:
phone: 07768 663631